In this episode, Gideon shares about his passion for drumming and mindfulness. Gideon is a drummer and teacher who connects mindfulness and music using aspects of sports psychology and musical nostalgia.
Support Music Therapy Chronicles on Patreon!
Gideon Waxman is a London based drummer, blogger and music educator. He holds a bachelor of music degree from the University of Westminster and is qualified to teach mindfulness based stress reduction programs. You can find more of his advice at Drum Helper, which is a free online resource dedicated to helping drummers achieve more from their playing.
1:24 / 4:28
Related Drum Helper links:
- Music and Mindfulness for Stress Reduction
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mindfulness and Drumming, Musical Nostalgia: How Does Music Engage the Brain?
- Drum set recommendations
- Electronic drum set recommendations
The Game of Tennis – W. Timothy Gallwey
If you liked this episode, check out
- episode 4 with Demeko Freeman, MMT, MT-BC
- episode 7 with Cacia King, MM, MT-BC
- episode 22 with Kathleen Howland, Ph.D., SLP
If you or someone you know is interested in being on the podcast, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org